If you are interested in becoming a part of the Burggrabe Masonry team, please complete our employment application below.
Answer all questions accurately and completely. You must sign and date the application (typing in your name constitutes a signature). Do not provide information not requested. If you do not comply with these instructions, your application will be disregarded
APPLICANT’S CERTIFICATION AND AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
1. Certification of truthfulness: I certify that all statements on this Application for Employment are complete and truthful and agree that such statements may be investigated and if found to be false will be sufficient reason for not being employed, or if employed may result in my dismissal.
2. Authorization for Employment / Educational Information: I authorize the references listed in this Application for Employment, and any prior employer, educational institution, or any other persons or organizations to give Burggrabe Masonry, Inc. any and all information concerning my previous employment/educational accomplishments, disciplinary information or any other pertinent information they may have, personal or otherwise and release all parties from all liability for any damage that may result from furnishing same to you. I hereby waive written notice that employment information is being provided by any person or organization.
3. Employment at will: If I am hired, in consideration of my employment, I agree to abide by the rules and policies of this Company, including any changes made from time to time, and agree that my employment and compensation can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the Company or myself. I understand that no manager or other representative of the Company, other than the President, has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specific or indefinite period of time, or to make any agreement contrary to the foregoing. Any such agreement made by the President must be made in writing to be effective.
4. Authorization to work: If I am selected for hire, I will be offered employment provided I verify that I am authorized to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
5. Limitation on claims: I agree that any action or suit against the Company arising out of my employment or termination of employment including but not limited to claims arising under State of Federal civil rights statures, must be brought within the time limit specified by Statute or six (6) months of the event giving rise to the claim, whichever is less, or be forever barred. I waive any statute of limitations which exceeds six (6) months.
6. Need for accommodation: If I have a mental or physical disability and require an accommodation to perform the job, I must notify the Company of that need within 182 days after I knew or reasonably should have known that an accommodation was needed. Failure to do so will bar me from alleging that the Company has not accommodated me as required by law.
7. Criminal records check: I authorize the Company to secure my criminal conviction history. I agree to execute the appropriate authorization if necessary to obtain such information.
8. Driving records check: I agree to execute an authorization for this employer to inquire into, and obtain documents related to, any driving record from every state in which I have held a motor vehicle operator’s license or permit.
9. Release of medical information: I authorize every medical doctor, physician or other health care provider to provide any and all information, including but not limited to, all medical reports, and laboratory reports, X-rays or clinical abstracts relating to my previous health history or employment in connection with any examination, consultation, test or evaluation. I hereby release every medical doctor, health care personnel and every other person, firm, officer, corporation, association, organization or institution which shall comply with the authorization or request made in this respect from any and all liability. I understand that this release will not be sent to my physician or other health care provider until a conditional job offer has been made.
10. Physical exam and drug and alcohol testing: I agree to take a physical exam following a conditional job offer. I also authorize the Company or its designated agent(s) to withdraw specimen(s) of my blood, urine, hair and/or other substances for chemical analysis. One purpose of this analysis is to determine or exclude the presence of alcohol, drugs or other substance. I understand that decisions concerning my employment may be made as result of these tests.
11. Consideration for employment: I understand that my application will be considered pursuant to the Company’s normal procedures for a period thirty (30) calendar days. If I am still interested in employment thereafter, I must reapply
I agree that if any of the above commitments is ever found to be legally unenforceable as written, the particular commitment concerned shall be limited to allow its enforcement as far as legally possible.
I have read, understand, and agree to items 1 through 11 above. I knowingly and voluntarily acknowledge that
with my name below.